Ultimate palm-sized camcorder with XAVC 4K (QFHD)* and MPEG HD**
The popular PXW-X70 palm-sized camcorder continues to evolve with the addition of XAVC 4K (QFHD) 100Mbps* recordings at 30p/25p/24p, plus MPEG HD422 and MPEG HD420**, providing even more recording choices. It is possible to select an output from HDMI, SDI, and composite while recording QFHD, plus a salvage function for XAVC file is available***. The camcorder also records XAVC HD, AVCHD and DV with advanced network functions such as QoS Streaming in Network Client Mode and Ustream® direct streaming added via firmware version 3.0. The PXW-X70 gives users the ultimate balance between picture quality, advanced functionality and compact size.
* XAVC 4K (QFHD) 100Mbps recording requires Version 3.0 firmware plus optional CBKZ-X70FX software key.
**MPEG HD recording requires Version 3.0 firmware plus optional CBKZ-SLMP upgrade.
*** Requires Version 3.0 firmware or higher.
Network functions including Ustream and QoS Streaming*
The PXW-X70 is packed with all the latest network functions, from QoS Streaming for high quality of transmission when streaming to the PWS-100RX1 in Network Client Mode, to direct streaming using Ustream, with no need for a separate PC setup when using version 3.0 or higher firmware. The camcorder also provides Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile™ software.
* Requires Version 3.0 firmware or higher.
1.0 type Exmor R CMOS Sensor for stunning picture quality
High sensitivity and fantastic resolution with 14.2 million effective pixels delivers striking detail and colours, even in low light conditions.
Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens
The lens offers a 12x optical zoom, which can be increased to 24x with Clear Image Zoom while retaining full resolution thanks to Super Resolution Technology. Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x.
Compact, lightweight XDCAM camcorder packed with adaptable professional functions
The PXW-X70 weighs less than 1.4kg, including the XLR handle unit, battery (NP-FV70), lens hood and large eye-cup. It offers professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI and HDMI output connectors plus an XLR x2 handle unit with zoom lever. Other professional features include a manual lens ring that can intuitively control zoom and focus, ergonomic palm grip with large zoom lever, two SD memory card slots for backup, simultaneous and relay recording, and a three-level switchable ND filter.
- 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor for a wide range of shooting conditions
- Compact body
- Direct streaming via Ustream (requires Version 3.0 or higher firmware)
- High sensitivity and high resolution
- Advanced BIONZ X image processing engine
- QoS Streaming
- FTP Transfer
- Multi-format recording capabilities including XAVC QFHD 4K and MPEG
- Dual media slots, Simul or Relay recording, and independent record control
- XAVC Proxy Recording and XAVC Salvage
- ND filter control mechanism
- Superb night shooting
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- Lens ring
- Clear Image Zoom
- Manual controls
- Slow & Quick Motion
- Picture Profile
- 99 Camera Profiles
- Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe
- Viewfinder includes amazing OLED technology
- High resolution LCD
- Wide choice of connections with output during QFHD recording
(Some features requires Version 3.0 or higher firmware.)